Follow Road 230 to the North, in the direction of Santa Cruz, Pas Santa Rosa, and Rio Claro. After Verbena Norte turn to the right at Restaurante “La Cabaña”. Turn to the right after 100 meters.
From San Jose
Follow Road 10 to Turrialba. Pass Cartago, Paraiso, Cervantes. Shortly after Cervantes turn left to Capillares. Turn right on Road 230. Pass Santa Cruz. Turn left at Restaurante “La Cabaña”. Turn to the right after 100 meters.
Our address is San Rafael de Santa Cruz, Turrialba de Cartago, 400 meters from Restaurant La Cabana. We are located above the town of Turrialba. By car, it takes approximately 15 minutes to get here. For a fee, we can arrange airport pickup for you. The drive from the airport is approximately 2 hours.
Buses leave from San Jose to Turrialba throughout the day. We can arrange a pick up at the Turrialba bus station or you can take a taxi to us. The bus fare from San Jose to Turrialba costs around $4.00. This website has bus schedule information.
There is a bus stop about 400 meters from our main road. It is a short 10 minute walk from our cabins to the main road. This bus can take you into Turrialba for less than $1.00.
We’ve put together a list of items you may find beneficial to bring with you
- Rain jacket and/or umbrella
- Warm sweater/long sleeve shirt
- Jeans or long pants (for the cooler nights)
- Shorts/skirts (for the warmer days)
- Short sleeve shirts
- Sturdy walking shoes
- Bathing suit
- Hair dryer
- Book or magazine for relaxing reading
- U.S. dollars and credit/debit cards are widely accepted here, but good to also have Colones on hand
- Insect repellent for excursions
- Notebook for taking notes about your visit
- Bird book for identifying species